Saturday, March 19, 2011

Some reflections on the Solemnity of St. Joseph

Happy Solemnity of St. Joseph! Hope you enjoyed celebrating the feast of this inspiring patron.

I think most seriously Catholic single gals know of St. Joseph as the Patron of Fathers and husbands. I am certain that many a young woman has prayed earnest prayers to St. Joseph for his intercession in finding a good husband. And what a beautiful idea! St. Joseph was a model of courage, devotion, selflessness, and love for Mary and Jesus. He should be an intercessor for us as we look for our pure, devoted, Godly man to marry. I, too, prayed to St. Joseph this morning that if my vocation is to marriage, he intercede on my behalf.

For all you ladies who hope,

"Trust in the Lord and wait for his light...and in due time your hope will bear fruit"
(paraphrase of Sirach 11:22)

No comments:

Post a Comment