Saturday, April 9, 2011

Tax time

Few things in life make me crankier than the trial of tax time. For the last several years I have prepared my taxes primarily on my own, but thankfully have had my brother or dad around to at least look them over or help me translate complicated tax directions in person. I mean, is it just me, or does it seem like the tax directions are written in another language?? My brain hurts trying to figure out how they work.

This year I have to prepare my taxes on my own, and it's been a frustrating process, as usual. I am just not a numbers person, and rounding up all the necessary forms and figures is a challenge in itself. Thank goodness this year I discovered TurboTax and that has taken at least some stress out of the process.

Still, spending my free time crunching numbers and pouring over paperwork is not my idea of enjoyable. Especially since my taxes get extra complicated after living in two states, etc.

I am pretty sure that in purgatory we will have to crunch numbers and do paperwork like tax forms endlessly...certain sounds like suffering to me. On the other hand, if any of you dread this time of year as much as I do, I am pretty sure offering up our trials could get a lot of souls OUT of purgatory.

Tax time is just one more reason why I need to hurry up and find a husband. I will be happy to cook him dinner while he does my taxes. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment